Tuesday, October 9, 2012


I had a great time last week presenting a poster session at the American Quilt Study Group Seminar in Lincoln, Nebraska.




The topic was "modern" quilting and my booth received a lot of attention. The table cover is a quilt I made interpreting the 'modern' quilting aesthetic. Think: clean lines, simple, improvisational, and solid contemporary colors. There is a whole new wave of quilt makers getting excited about the art and craft of this tradition. What's not to like?

1 comment:

  1. I like the look. I knew I would be glad someday to have a big stash of lovely solids. I just got a couple of books from the library featuring this modern trend.
    Glad to see you are joining us bloggers! (Good to see you in Lincoln!
    Quiltsetcetera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete