Thursday, July 3, 2014

Another Quilt Show. Another tote bag!

The Vermont Quilt Festival 2014 is now history, and I am again so thankful I can attend this one nearly every year. I am never disappointed. There are fabulous workshops, exhibits, lectures, door prizes and vendors.

I attended a day-long workshop with Velda Newman about techniques for creating texture on quilts, as well as one with Jane Davila, entitled "Working in a Series." More about those in a future blog.

I now take technique workshops, rather than project-based classes. I already have way too many unfinished projects! Techniques provide more tools for creating art quilts.

What to do with all those tote bags? I use them for various tasks, including shopping and storing projects. Ultimately, I rotate them out by filling older ones with items to donate to Goodwill and they go with the donation. Just one step in downsizing. Downsizing. Now that is another whole SERIES of blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment